Cardiac Monitor Tech Nursing
Job posting number: #7198583 (Ref:ccf19534414)
Posted: December 4, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Cardiac Monitor Technician, you will perform ongoing surveillance of patients' cardiac monitors and provides appropriate nursing staff with timely notification of changes in cardiac rhythm and/or hemodynamics that could impact patient condition. You will interpret patient’s cardiac rhythm and documents accordingly in the patient’s electronic medical record per departmental protocols.
You will also answer telephone and communicates clearly when receiving information from units or management.
The Future Caregiver is someone who:
• Can schedule and manage tasks effectively.
• Is experience with conflict resolution and problem-solving.
• Has written and verbal communication skills.
• Has teamwork and motivational skills.
• Has organizational and multitasking skills.
This is a rewarding opportunity that offers growth-oriented projects, mentorship, support, and resources. You will experience great exposure to both the institute and department leadership and have numerous opportunities for career growth.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Maintains ongoing, high-level surveillance of patients cardiac rhythm and vital signs and notifies appropriate nursing staff of any changes according to clinician, provider orders and/or in accordance with departmental protocols.
- Interprets patient’s cardiac rhythm and documents accordingly in the patient’s electronic medical record per departmental protocols.
- Answers telephone and communicates clearly when receiving information from units or management.
- Uses clear and complete communication with nursing unit personnel when delivering information about changes in cardiac rhythm.
- Orients and mentors new staff members and serves as a resource for training and troubleshooting to both the CMU and nursing units.
- Provides report to oncoming shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic patient care activities attained through successful completion of a formal training program in allied health or a healthcare field such as nursing, medical assisting, EMT or similar field preferred.
- Patient care experience in a hospital, nursing home, or healthcare field will be considered in lieu of successful completion of a healthcare training program preferred.
- Completion of EKG/Cardiac Monitoring course preferred.
- EKG certification or equivalent preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience as a Monitor Technician and demonstrated skill in recognizing abnormal cardiac rhythms preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, computer and typing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clinicians and the general public.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under moderate pressure, multi-task with accuracy to keep track of a large number of patients and requires long periods of sitting and watching a computer monitors.
- Visual acuity for observing cardiac monitor data.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.