Clinical Assistant Professor/Division Head Comprehensive Care
Oklahoma City, OK
Job posting number: #7197651 (Ref:if129109)
Posted: December 1, 2023
COMPREHENSIVE CARE DIVISION HEAD JOB DESCRIPTION
The Division Head of Comprehensive Care, in the OU College of Dentistry, is responsible for ensuring that the overall mission of the division is met. That is, to provide the best, most up-to-date and quality didactic and clinical education of predoctoral students possible.
- Represent the division and its programs with appropriate groups.
- Keep the Dean informed of matters of importance to the division and work with the Dean to achieve the division’s goals.
- Work with other College units to ensure appropriate and high-quality programming in our outreach efforts.
- Work with other division chairpersons to ensure appropriate and high quality programming.
Budgets and Resources:
- Manage the budgets and business of the division.
- Prepare course offerings and clinic schedules.
- Prepare required reports including those for regional and specialized accreditation bodies in consultation with the Dean.
- Conduct program review, assessment and strategic planning processes.
- Resolve student, faculty and staff issues, as necessary.
- Lead, oversee and serve in the student Comprehensive Care Clinics.
- Keep the division informed on matters of importance.
- Conduct meetings of division faculty and establish division committees.
- Provide leadership in achieving institutional goals and addressing institutional needs and priorities.
Program Development and Management:
- Provide leadership within the division including developing program plans, coordinating activities and maintaining high quality performance in teaching and scholarly activities.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations as required by college policies and CODA.
- Hire, orient, train and supervise staff.
- Orient, mentor and evaluate full-time and part-time faculty.
- Recommend to the Dean appointments, promotions, tenure, sabbatical, salary adjustments, leaves of absence, dismissals or other matters affecting personnel of the division.
- Develop and maintain program and divisional policies.
Teaching and Advising:
- Teach courses and advise students within the division as appropriate.
- Must have a doctoral degree (DDS/DMD or equivalent) in Dentistry from a CODA accredited dental school or foreign equivalent.
- Must be eligible for licensure in the state of Oklahoma.
- Three to five years of experience as a faculty member in a leadership role within a Comprehensive Care Clinic.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with accreditation processes and standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with faculty, students, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Candidate must have a record of his/her abilities in leading and managing a team, fostering a positive work environment and promoting professional growth.
- Active involvement in professional organizations and a commitment to continuing education and professional development.
Please include a Curriculum Vitae, any published or unpublished research, evidence of teaching experience, and three recommendation letters.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
If having difficulty applying or have additional questions please contact Kayla Harp ([email protected], (405)271-5444).