Vice President, University of Oklahoma, Tulsa Campus
Job posting number: #7197075 (Ref:if129378)
Posted: November 30, 2023
The Vice President, OU Tulsa, is a senior leader for the University of Oklahoma who reports to the University President and is a member of the President’s team of Executive Officers. The Vice President, OU Tulsa will lead initiatives for OU Tulsa that build and execute brand, foster strategic partnerships, and expand relationships with policy makers, industry leaders, other influencers, and stakeholders. The position is critical to the fulfillment of OU Tulsa’s strategic vision that is a roadmap for the future of OU’s programs in Tulsa.
The Vice President, OU Tulsa, will be the brand champion at all levels of The University of Oklahoma’s Tulsa programs. Operating through influence, this individual will facilitate the building of strong relationships with senior management and employees across the organization and the community. The successful candidate will also cultivate productive internal and external relationships across key stakeholder groups.
- Serve as a spokesperson for OU Tulsa to key external audiences and position the University President and other University of Oklahoma leaders, including the Senior Vice President and Provosts of the Norman and Health Sciences Center (HSC) campuses, to interface with the local media and other key partners such as nonprofits, government and policy makers, associations, business leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Create and manage a solid network of strategic partnerships and alliances in support of OU Tulsa’s key priorities and programs, such as the OU Polytechnic Institute and the School of Community Medicine, in coordination with the appropriate Senior Vice President and Provost.
- Further define, build, protect, measure, and promote OU Tulsa’s mission, brand, history, and future.
- Recognizing that all issues regarding academics and research on the OU Tulsa campus are within the sole authority of the appropriate Senior Vice President and Provost, collaborate with the Senior Vice President and Provosts of OU Norman and OU HSC in supporting and furthering the missions and priorities of the Norman and HSC campuses’ academic, clinical, and research programs represented at OU Tulsa.
- In coordination with other the Senior Vice President and Provosts, OU Tulsa senior leaders, such as the Dean of School of Community Medicine, Tulsa Assoc. VP for Finance/Admin, and the Director of the OU Polytechnic Institute, be responsible for day-to-day oversight of the administrative functions of OU Tulsa.
- Partner with the Office of Advancement to support the philanthropic priorities for the University, in alignment with the Lead On capital campaign.
- In coordination with OU Marketing and Communications, design proactive media, PR, and other strategies to stimulate community interest, build brand awareness, and convey OU Tulsa messages. Ensure regular contact with targeted media and timely responses to requests. Support all aspects of internal and external communications.
- Translate ideas and insights into actionable programs and initiatives designed to grow and highlight OU Tulsa, with specific and measurable outcomes.
- Design and execute short- and long-term plans to achieve administrative goals, support the success of OU Tulsa’s overall strategic vision and financial objectives, and establish key performance metrics connecting all administrative areas.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track record that exhibits the ability to define and build strategic partnerships/relationships, influence ideas, and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders in complex environments.
- Capable of executing vision and strategy across the organization to influence key stakeholders (including senior leaders) on the design and implementation of programs and partnerships.
- Mission-driven and self-directed individual.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in leading, attracting, hiring, retaining, and developing high-performing teams and individuals.
- A relationship builder who is trusted, creative, collaborative, persuasive, and dependable and who possesses high ethical standards.
This position has a targeted salary of $200,000.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree.
- Prior experience working in Higher Education - preferred.
- Ph.D., Juris Doctorate, or other terminal degree – preferred.
- Prior experience working with or in government or nonprofit, or education sectors in Tulsa.
- At least ten (10) years of any combination of external affairs, or government relations.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae and a list of at least three references.
For Best Consideration apply by December 11, 2023
By submitting my application, I certify that all information provided in support of my application for employment is true, correct and does not misrepresent my history or qualifications. I hereby authorize and give my consent to the University to confirm all such information and waive my right to privacy thereto to the extent required to verify relevant background and ability to perform all job-related functions. My consent specifically includes, but is not limited to, my prior job function, work performance, education, criminal record and other job-related issues. I understand that willful falsification or misrepresentation constitutes grounds for denying employment or for dismissal therefrom. If hired by the University, I agree to comply with its employment policies, rules, and regulations.