Staff Associate II
New York, NY
Job posting number: #7187361
Posted: October 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for overseeing research operations within BSRG as well as individual laboratories as needed. The Senior Staff Associate II will liaise both with administrative staff within the unit, as well as principal investigators and research lab staff and personnel to ensure consistent operations of the Basic Science Research Group. This individual will also liaise with the departmental Finance team in their responsibilities for placing orders, reconciliation and procurement.
1. Research Operations: Supports optimal functioning and productivity of BSRG research staff overall, as well as individual research laboratories. Supports ordering, shipping, equipment procurement, laboratory setup and maintenance. Performs technical support as needed. Assists research faculty, staff and fellows to ensure issues are resolved. Continuously identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, develop and implement pragmatic solutions, policies and procedures that improve workflow and services and reduce costs. Effectively addresses issues and conflicts as they arise; appropriately seeks input and support from subject matter experts within and outside the department to achieve lasting resolutions.
2. Procurement and Accounts Payable: Uses University purchasing, accounts payable, p-Card and petty cash guidelines to process and reconcile orders, invoices and internal billing. Reconciles procurement card. Processes travel/business expense reimbursements and honoraria. Ships, receives and tracks shipments. Negotiates with vendors for value pricing. Investigates and resolves problems. Keeps faculty and staff informed.
3. Laboratory Safety: Organizes the training and certification programs required for new and renewing research faculty and staff. Monitors laboratory facilities and staff to confirm safety protocols and best practices are followed. Maintains appropriate documentation and certifications for all equipment and systems. Participates in regulatory visits and inspections; remedies deficiencies.
4. Disaster Planning & Recovery: Maintains business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the research division; anticipates issues and mobilizes resources and staff to preserve and protect research assets and restore research activity.
5. Act as a liaison with other departments and agencies regarding inventory control, building services, equipment maintenance and repair, purchasing, safety and other administrative matters.
6. Provides overall support for the unit and cross covers other positions and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Experience working in University research environment. Significant experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, required. Ability to work under pressure with multiple and competing deadlines required. Must be highly organized, with excellent communication and follow up skills. Ability to work as part of a team with administrative, clinical research, and financial staff. Required knowledge of applicable federal, state, and other sponsor regulation related to sponsored projects, including OMB Uniform Guidance or willing to take University Certification Course in Sponsored Projects Administration as required.