Salt Lake City, UT
Job posting number: #7162305
Posted: August 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
The System Administrator is expected to work as a team member with the UIT Campus Computer support group. This position will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the computing environment for the assigned department(s). Customer interactions and support must be provided in a timely professional manner.
The incumbent must be a highly skilled IT professional who is knowledgeable in desktop/laptop support and some servercomputer configuration and support, is detail-oriented, tracks support time, follows processes, and has an approachable, friendly attitude. This position is an onsite position that requires a continued learning effort forsupporting new and old software and technology for different client needs.
• Computing needs assessment and consultation for hardware and software.
• Computer imaging or OS installations for both Windows and Macintosh systems, software installations, security management, remote connection management.
• Troubleshoot, research, and resolve computer issues
• Assist with network connectivity and security
• Printer support, connectivity and trouble shooting.
• Active directory connectivity issues, writing group policies and preferences.
• Writing technical and how-to documentation and maintaining inventory documentation for all systems.
• Virus or malware identification, removal and cleaning.
• Computer management for desktop and server updates, patches, upgrades and security.
• Cross training of peer staff on special software, hardware and procedures.
• Position is required to be on call to support the designated department and to have a 24×7 availability as needed.
• Position requires travel to conferences and meetings on and off campus using personal vehicle.
• Other support and maintenance activities as needed.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Environment: Will require lifting, bending, and repetitive desk work such as typing, and long-term sitting.
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) with at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Strong leadership skills for coordination, organization, time management, and communication skills.
• Extensive experience with configuration and support of Microsoft Windows operating systems, MS Office products, Adobe products and their best practices.
• Experience with JAMF, SCCM and Beyond Trust Endpoint management systems and their configurations.
• Database connectivity support experience.
• Experience with supporting and maintaining Apple operating systems
• MS SQL database administration.
• ITIL Foundation Certification.
• A+, MCSE, CCNA, Network+, or other applicable certifications.
• Experience with VM server environments running MS Windows server platform.