Patient Insights Solution Engineer - Optimization
Escazu, Costa Rica
Job posting number: #7151788 (Ref:pf-4886312)
Posted: June 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
What You Will Achieve
- You will help Pfizer build its information technology solutions. You will leverage your technical skills to design, develop and implement IT solutions which satisfy the short term or long terms needs of Pfizer. You will work on systems architecture, network systems and application infrastructure to deliver results.
- The ideal candidate would be someone with advanced knowledge of, web development, visualization tools and building APIs.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to SAS COE needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, and applications infrastructure.
- The role will design Patient Insights Platform web applications and visualization and help to build embedded analytics portals.
How You Will Achieve It
- Responsible to design, selection, and implementation of web application changes by comparing them with business requirements and design documents
- Creating web applications and portal for operating complex business systems
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manages a list of technical requirements based on business needs, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Assisting the technology, systems and process workstreams to define the shared data model vision, data sourcing approach, data transformation approach and data reconciliation approach.
- Developing innovative approaches to generating manage SAS CoE’ PatientPoint application
- Knowledge of Embedded analytics and Web applications.
- Can work independently under close supervision, including making recommendations without significant oversight.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to design, build and deliver best-in-class data products roadmap globally
- Contributes to a culture of high performance, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates outstanding collaboration and operational excellence
You will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate a solid ability to tell a story with simplistic views of web applications for complex datasets
- Delivering data reliability, efficiency, and best-in-class customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience emphasizing application support, development, or systems engineering.
- Experience supporting applications and solutions in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated expertise and capabilities in matrixed, cross-functional teams and influencing without authority
- Demonstrated understanding of analytic tools/methods and the ability to generate vital customer insights and market intelligence.
- Ability to effectively link insights to implications to inform strategy, planning and execution
- Must have 3+ years of experience in React.JS, Node.JS, Java, Java Script, Python and Unix & Powershell scripting
- Proven experience and demonstrated skills with Snowflake and embedded analytics using Tableau visualization and Data IKU
- Good understanding of data compliance processes and controls around Patient Health Information (PII) and Patient Identifiable Information (PII)
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and SDLC processes
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills, communicate and liaise broadly across functions and the global organization.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating team environment.
- Knowledge of systems within the Patient Services function.
- Process-oriented with strong organization, project management and coordination skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn and adopt new ideas and concepts.
- Knowledge of database, storage, hosting, cloud, application, analytics and services technologies.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.