Patient Insights Solution Engineer - Data Lead
Escazu, Costa Rica
Job posting number: #7151787 (Ref:pf-4886313)
Posted: June 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
What You Will Achieve
- The ideal candidate would be someone with advanced knowledge of data architecture, data profiling/quality tools, visualization tools, cloud databases, AI/ML tools, and some knowledge of building APIs.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to Digital technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, and applications infrastructure.
- The role will lead Patient Insights Platform Advanced Analytics and visualization, create analytic solutions, and utilize data prep and visualization platforms.
How You Will Achieve It
- Manages overall data architecture and manages, develops, prioritizes and recommends initiatives to improve and build upon the data architecture to support the business.
- Evaluating the design, selection, and implementation of analytics changes by comparing them with business requirements and design documents
- Maintaining analytics and AI/ML plans and instructions for operating complex business systems
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manages a list of technical requirements based on business needs, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Develop Analytical design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams
- Assisting the technology, systems and process workstreams to define the shared data model vision, data sourcing approach, data transformation approach and data reconciliation approach.
- Planning and overseeing the day-to-day running of the workstream/team and delivery of milestones
- Defining program outcomes and business cases, ensuring alignment with respective line organizations across Pfizer’s SAS COE.
- Developing innovative approaches to generating insights utilizing SPP, HUB data and additional data
- Coordinating across many stakeholders, creating a collaborative network with critical internal and external stakeholders. This can include outside contractors such as software vendors, data providers and specialty pharmacy customers.
- Ensuring Pfizer data contract privacy and re-identification terms are adhered to and conflicts or issues are brought to the attention of P&A Legal and Privacy.
- Knowledge of Predictive analytics, Machine learning and Web applications.
- Can work independently under close supervision, including making recommendations without significant oversight.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to design, build and deliver best-in-class data products roadmap globally
- Contributes to a culture of high performance, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates outstanding collaboration and operational excellence
You will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate a solid ability to tell a story with simplistic views of complex datasets
- Patient Insights Data architecture and advanced analytical algorithms
- Delivering data reliability, efficiency, and best-in-class data governance, ensuring security and compliance.
- Will be an integral part of developing best-in-class solutions for visualization across the organization
- Build dashboard and reporting proofs of concept as needed; develop reporting and analysis templates and tools
- The scope of this role includes a wide range of highly analytical platforms and data sources with diverse collection points and complicated collection methods.
- Partner with the Digital Client Partners to align on priorities, processes and governance and ensure experimentation to activate innovation and pipeline value
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience emphasizing application support, development, or systems engineering.
- Experience supporting applications and solutions in the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on patient access and adherence, Specialty pharmacy and Specialty HUB distribution
- Demonstrated expertise and capabilities in matrixed, cross-functional teams and influencing without authority
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements, studying business operations and user-interface requirements, and directing development of physical database.
- Determines platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models and completing validation tests.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytic tools/methods and the ability to generate vital customer insights and market intelligence. Ability to effectively link insights to implications to inform strategy, planning and execution
- Ability to work effectively across teams and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to take appropriate risks, share responsibilities and credit, celebrate/reward accomplishments, and instill in others a sense of urgency and ownership
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize the asset/assets priorities, value drivers, and resource allocation required to optimize growth
- Proven experience and demonstrated skills with Snowflake, Informatica Intelligence Cloud Services tools, Java, Python, and exposure to Tableau and Data IKU
- Good understanding of data compliance processes and controls around Patient Health Information (PII) and Patient Identifiable Information (PII)
- Deep knowledge of Agile methodologies and SDLC processes
- Experience managing vendors and contracted resources in a staff augmentation and outsourcing model.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills, communicate and liaise broadly across functions and the global organization.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating team environment.
- Knowledge of systems within the Patient Services function.
- Process-oriented with strong organization, project management and coordination skills.
- ITIL/PMP certified
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn and adopt new ideas and concepts.
- Knowledge of database, storage, hosting, cloud, application, analytics and services technologies.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.