SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST I
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7137367 (Ref:hlj_44186)
Posted: March 31, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt McKinley Hospital, opening July 2023.
Moffitt’s new 10-story hospital that will expand state-of-the-art surgical services for the thousands of patients needing highly complex surgeries and related inpatient care each year.
McKinley Hospital features Outpatient surgical and diagnostic imaging programs complementing our current outpatient surgical practice at the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Outpatient Center across the street and our inpatient and clinical operations on the Magnolia campus. Opening the surgical hospital directly impacts Moffitt’s ability to expand services at our Magnolia campus, alleviates space constraints for patient care and opens up more space for vital cancer research.
Together, we will provide patients and families with a wide range of sophisticated services and comforting spaces in addition to those provided at the nearby founding campus.
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist I acts as a scrub person or assists circulator who handles instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure.
- The Surgical Technologist I will anticipate the needs of the surgeon and surgical team and has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care.
- The Surgical Technologist I is responsible for assisting with support services in the delivery of care to operative patients, including transportation, independent inventory management, environmental cleanliness and direct assistance to patients, visitors and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 6 months to 1 year of experience as a Surgical Technologist in any Operating room environment
- CST Certification through either National Center for Competency testing (NCCT) or National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Scrub experience
- Experience in Ortho, Robotic surgery and Thoracic
- Prepare and maintain sterile field
- Support the surgical team through the surgical procedure
- Assist the Registered Nurse, Anesthesia and Surgical team in developing a plan of care for each surgical procedure
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved Surgical Technologist program required.
- CST Certification must be through either National Center for Competency testing (NCCT) or National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant clinical experience as a Surgical Technologist in an OR environment preferred.
- CST certification is required within 12 months of employment and maintained throughout employment.
- Current BLS required.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.