Manager, Cloud Product Owner
Thessaloniki Chortiatis, Greece
Job posting number: #7137183 (Ref:pf-4881333)
Posted: March 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At the heart of Pfizer Digital Hosting Solutions (DHS) lie the hosting & foundational platform products that enable the development and deployment of business applications, the efficient storage of business information, disaster recovery capabilities, and data protection. These products permeate all of Pfizer’s hosting environments including cloud, on-premises datacenters, or our manufacturing and scientific installations.
The Manager, Cloud Product Owner is responsible for managing the customer cloud intake process, planning, prioritizing and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. It is the responsibility of the Manager, Cloud Product Owner role to identify user needs, help a customer understand business value, gather feature requests, schedule releases, coordinate delivery in sprints and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. The Cloud product line represents our AWS, Azure and GCP environments where customers can access a large portion of available cloud micro services natively or through an On Demand provisioning portal within Pfizer’s security controls and boundaries.
This role will assist with the development of specific cloud product strategies, visions, and execution plans with a mission to deliver cloud products that positively transform experiences for Digital consumers. The Manager, Cloud Product Owner will also assist with setting product costs, monitoring utilization vs billing and forecasting future spend.
This position will collaborate with peers and oversee & guide the work of colleagues and contractors to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business value.
- Working with internal and external customers to analyze their needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Assess value, develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy and helps make our company vision reality.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions and complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Manage project funding requests and statement of work generation process.
- Assist with establishing and managing cloud product cost models and guidance in partnership with EP&S Business Operations teams.
- Act as an ambassador for the product and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Assist in development of self-support resources (documentation, FAQs, training videos/slides) to better streamline customer engagement.
- Work collaboratively with external parties including cloud suppliers and Pfizer DHS strategic suppliers.
- Commit to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical/engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in an enterprise IT setting, preferably one in a highly regulated industry such as banking/financial or healthcare/pharmaceutical.
- Expert-level knowledge of and experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Agile Software Delivery, Scaled Agile Framework experience and working as a part of an Agile Development (Scrum) Team.
- Excellent communicator, with an ability to influence horizontally and vertically across a large, complex, and matrixed organization. Adept at managing through often difficult and conflicting priorities to identify those outcomes with the greatest value for Pfizer.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing a department-level P&L inclusive of forecasting/budgeting, identifying & prosecuting cost efficiency opportunities, and managing spend through the fiscal period.
- Strong general IT knowledge including an understanding of large-scale distributed systems architectures, hosting platform technologies (e.g., operating systems), container technologies, relational & non-relational databases, multi-tier architectures, content delivery networks, system performance tuning, data protection (backup) technologies, and disaster recovery planning & failover strategies.
- Cloud Certifications are highly desired
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager highly desired
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.