Post Doc Fellow - Medicinal Chemist
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7136820 (Ref:64052)
Posted: March 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
We are seeking an enthusiastic medicinal chemist to work with Drs. Nicholas and Harshani Lawrence https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/nicholas-lawrence/ and Mark Alexandrow https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/mark-alexandrow/ on a collaborative project to develop novel inhibitors of key oncogenic targets.
- Opportunity to join a drug discovery team working to inhibit and/or degrade novel molecular anticancer targets
- Integrate chemical expertise with molecular and structural biology.
- Access to cutting edge chemistry analytical equipment and supporting ADME-PK Core
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive synthetic organic chemistry experience.
- Strong desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment is essential.
- Highly motivated to apply medicinal chemistry skills to anticancer drug design.
- Prepare and design inhibitors and degraders of key oncogenic proteins
- Develop structure-activity relationships and structural models
- Manage project data and compound inventory
- Provide mentorship to research staff.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry.
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.