Research Technician I
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7122304 (Ref:14588-en_US)
Posted: January 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Otolaryngology is looking to hire a Research Technician I to provide technical assistance to support ongoing research within Dr. Sandulache’s laboratory. The lab is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and self-motivated Research Technician who will be responsible for performing mouse experiments and cell line maintenance.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Performs mouse experiments.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates, and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Associate's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Experience working with mice.
- Be able to perform animal experiments and be willing to work with animals.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.