Research Coordinator I - Bioethics and Health Policy
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7116689 (Ref:13892-en_US)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator for a non-laboratory position. The Research Coordinator will have the opportunity to participate in professional and academic development sessions hosted by the Center including journal clubs, career development information sessions, and staff development events, including in-services on grant writing, academic presentations, and goal planning. The Center promotes an intellectually stimulating and collaborative environment conducive to academic excellence. The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy allows individual hybrid and alternative work arrangements for research staff and students. For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of the project, including IRB protocols, managing project files, and organizing project activities
- Schedule and organize project meetings, including developing agendas
- Participate in coding and analysis of interview data
- Organize survey administration and data
- Help prepare progress reports for key stakeholders and funders
- Help prepare presentations for dissemination of findings
- Provide research and writing support, including conducting comprehensive literature searches/summaries and assisting with manuscript preparation and submission
- Maintain and update project websites
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.