St. Louis, MO
Job posting number: #7111590
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary: Under immediate supervision, assists dentists during examination and treatment of patients; prepares clinical areas, instruments, and materials; under general supervision, provides imaging services. Utilize four-handed dentistry; periodontal charting and instruct patients in oral hygiene. Hourly rate for this position will align with experience and years of service in dental assisting with the base salary starting at $15/hour.
1. Provides high quality dental imaging services, proposing measures for improvement; consults with graduate program directors or appropriate faculty members concerning complaints, suggestions, and/or needs to correct any deficiencies; maintains imaging supply inventory.
2. Assists with all aspects of four-handed dentistry.
3. Prepares work areas and instruments; keeps work area neat and orderly; cleans, oils, and sets up equipment; dusts and disinfects surfaces; sterilizes instruments; sets up instrument trays.
4. Completes fluoride treatments for patients; instructs patients on proper oral hygiene; takes dental impressions and pours casts.
5. Disposes of hazardous waste material; prepares and distributes disinfecting solution; maintains and tests sterilization equipment; maintains and updates all pertinent records.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
Understanding of service oriented environment
Knowledge of inventory methods and procedure
Strong Interpersonal/human relations skills
Ability to operate dental equipment
Ability to provide imaging services
Ability to maintain infection control and sterile technique
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
Additional training beyond high school diploma; supplemented with six (6) months of experience or training as a Dental Assistant.
Covid 19/Booster Vaccination Requirement:
Saint Louis University requires COVID-19 vaccinations and a booster dose for all students, staff, and faculty who are physically present on our St. Louis campuses. As a prospective and/or a new employee at Saint Louis University, you will be/are required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination is required before the start of employment in order to work at Saint Louis University. If you are not vaccinated, you are required to begin the vaccination process at the time of your first day of employment and submit proof of full vaccination within 30 days of your start date. Exemptions may be granted on the grounds of religious beliefs or medical circumstances. Failure to comply with the vaccine requirement within 30 days of an employee’s start date will result in termination of the employment. Proof of vaccine will be submitted through an online portal made available to you during your Workday onboarding tasks.