SPVR CLINIC ACCESS
Job posting number: #7111560 (Ref:hlj_38799)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Clinic Access Department at Moffitt Cancer Center handles more than 6,500 patient calls or appointments weekly, schedules and registers all services for all outpatient visits.
We are currently looking for a Clinic Access Supervisor to join our team.
- The Clinic Access Supervisor reports to the Manager and provides supervisory oversight to staff responsible for patient registration and scheduling functions in the hospital and clinics.
- The supervisor must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment and overseeing the activities of 15-20 staff members in multiple clinic locations.
- Coordinate daily responsibilities within the team including flexing staff to volumes and monitoring productivity and wait times.
- Serve as a backup agent in event of staffing shortages, scheduled time off, and short notice absences.
- Ensure accurate collection and validation of Registration data in the Revenue Cycle Systems by performing quality audits and monitoring reports.
- Ensure compliance with policies and standard operating procedures for Registration and Scheduling.
- Ensure contact with each patient and family is handled professionally and consistently using customer service standards.
- Maintain an organized, professional "front office" environment including waiting areas.
- Serve as the first point of contact for resolution of disputes, both internally and with external parties.
- Interview, train, coach and mentor Clinic Access team members
- Perform administration functions related to clinic operations (payroll, work orders, etc.)
- Represent program and department in various forums to clinic and patient access leadership.
- Play a key role in patient satisfaction initiatives within the department by participating in patient satisfaction related process improvement activities as well as providing a high quality contact experience for the patient.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, business, or finance
- 3 years of supervisory or project lead experience
- Experience in oncology
- 2 or more years of patient access experience
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, Finance or other relevant discipline
- 2 years of patient access experience for external candidates or 1 year of patient access experience for internal candidates
- 1 year of experience in a supervisory or project lead role.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of Moffitt patient access experience, any one of the following combinations of education and experience will be considered:
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college or university seeking a Bachelor's degree with the ability to obtain the Bachelor’s degree within two (2) years of hire, and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience working in a Revenue Cycle/Patient Access role at Moffitt Cancer Center. One (1) year of supervisory and/or project lead experience required.
- Associate’s degree and five (5) years of revenue cycle experience (including registration, scheduling and/or healthcare call center) required. One (1) year of supervisory and/or project lead experience required.
- High School Diploma and eight (8) years of revenue cycle experience (including registration, scheduling and/or healthcare call center) required. One (1) year of supervisory and/or project lead experience required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.