SPVR INPATIENT CODING
Job posting number: #7104649 (Ref:hlj_38354)
Posted: July 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Inpatient Coding Supervisor supervises the coding workflow; monitors employee performance; addresses complaints and resolves problems; and actively oversees and supervises production and quality control efforts.
- This position monitors coder compliance with federal coding guidelines and coding policies for complete, accurate and consistent coding that result in appropriate reimbursement and data integrity.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be a Certified Coder with supervisory/leadership experience.
- Interviews, trains, mentors, establish work schedules and evaluates performance of all supervised coding staff
- Assist staff members with coding issues, audits and challenges
- Assists staff members in reviewing patient records for appropriate provider charges and other procedures / services rendered with accurate coding
- Distributes to staff members any coding guidelines, rules and regulations, and updates that may affect provider coding or billing
- Assists in conducting department or section meetings, and communicates changes in policies, procedures, and related tasks to supervised staff
- Collaborates and complete with manager hiring, evaluating, coaching, counseling, education, team building
- Collaborates and keeps abreast daily by monitoring the DNFB and DNFC to an acceptable level established by upper management
- Review the UHC, Aetna, BCBS monthly insurance claims looking for trends and education opportunities which inadvertently catches denials before the insurance company does. Education to the coders on key ways to prevent denials by insurance companies. Report finding to HIM leadership monthly Impact of coder queries and report finding to HIM leadership monthly
- Coding Interface Error report and Soarian Billing Electronic Worklist for inpatient coding. Ensuring that all accounts are corrected and completed timely
- Performs data quality reviews on hospital medical records in order to validate codes billed. Responsible for continuously evaluating the quality of clinical documentation to spot incomplete or inconsistent documentation which could impact the code selection and resulting payment
- Works with the coders and coding educators to ensure minimal variation in coding practices when reviewing the medical record to support abstraction of codes assignment. Provides coder specific education based on review findings and trends.
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Certification : CCS required
- Minimum five (5) years experience in clinical coding (ICD-10CM/PCS, DRG – inpatient, Professional practice required.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory or leadership experience
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.