HR Service Center Representative
Job posting number: #7103756 (Ref:10017534)
Posted: June 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The HR Service Center Representative is a key role in the HR Shared Services team with a goal to deliver high quality customer service and create great experiences for our employees. The role will be in the frontline of providing direct support to employees for inquiries and requests in a variety of HR areas. The role will provide document management services, supply information when authorized, and interact with systems and knowledge bases in conducting transactional activities. The role is also responsible for handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively, in a Healthcare/ Lifesciences or similar environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide Tier 1 support as the first point of contact for employee questions and issues related to HR
- Process and assign AskHR requests that include but are not limited to HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Learning, Absence, Talent and NES (non-employee) services.
- Assist with the processing of EPAFs, running and distributing reports, and help maintain data integrity for the HRIS system.
- Provide timely and accurate information to employees, championing self-service and utilizing case management system to process, document and resolve inquiries.
- Work with HR COEs and HRSPs to resolve employee issues and escalate complex inquiries as necessary to Tier 2 or 3.
- Assist with maintenance and distribution of HR files including HR discipline, education verification, performance reviews, job descriptions, pay rates/ranges, and other documents to authorized departments or agencies as necessary.
- Process daily HR transactions into HRIS systems, perform audits or updates and ensure integrity and accuracy of the employee data records.
- Assist in the continuous development and improvement of knowledge documents and processes required by the service center team to perform quality service delivery.
- Assist with ad-hoc administrative requests in support of activities undertaken by the HR Service center team.
- Participate in team-based projects and contribute to customer service and operations improvement initiatives.
- Assisting with training and training material development as required.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Associate Degree
- High School diploma or GED and 3 (three) years of experience in human resources
- 2 years of related experience in HR customer service or HR administrative support
- General understanding/knowledge of HR disciplines through training and experience.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, flexibility in working in a fast-paced team environment, effectively prioritizing and coordinating multiple assignments.
- Excellent customer focused communication skills (patience, attentiveness, courtesy).
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-based orientation.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.