Security Officer - Day Shift
Job posting number: #7103693 (Ref:10014499)
Posted: August 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Security Officers will provide security and quality customer service to our patients, employees, and visitors. Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and staff in answering their inquiries. Should have sufficient strength and agility to deter and apprehend intruders. Should be alert and have good judgement in detecting and reporting unusual situations which indicate a danger to life and property.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
Securing the premises
- Patrols hospital buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intruders via, assigned truck, foot and/or volunteer bike patrol
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities.
- Secures or lost and found articles; maintains logs of items received
- Secures and escorts medical staff with patients that have deceased providing protection for the body
Parking lot monitoring, traffic patrol and transportation:
- Controls parking and traffic flow; enforces parking regulations.
- Assists with moving or transporting barriers
Emergency Response and Business Continuity Management:
- Responds to emergency (fire, oppression, etc.) conditions to contain and control for the protection of life and property.
- Reports, Monitoring and Investigations
- Notify, escalate and document unusual or suspicious incidents to Security Supervisor. Reports Safety and/or fire hazards or security violations
- Escorts personnel to parking lots and hospital buildings.
- Participates in investigations; maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to security activities.
- Utilizes two-way radio communications
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of security experience in entertainment, hospitality, college university, hospital, clinic, parking preferred.
- Current CA Driver’s license
- Guard Registration card
- Pepper Spray permit
Required within 3 months of hire:
- CPR and First Aid
- AB5O8/management of aggressive behavior
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.