Enterprise Systems Developer III-Lead Software Engineer
Job posting number: #7100486
Posted: May 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
The position will serve as an experienced lead developer for the BrainHealth Project Initiative at the Center for BrainHealth and Brain Performance Institute. This is a hands-on technical position that creates complex and integrated software and application solutions for a variety of research and business objectives. The candidate will bring a combination of solid coding background, strong computer science fundamentals, and an aptitude to apply cutting- edge technologies at scale. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. The position will need to have a diverse and flexible skill set and be able to develop for a wide array of technology platforms and frameworks. They will have experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers. The position will apply their knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and security and operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business or related field.
Six (6) years of design and development experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, or other ERP system.
Six (6) years of experience in systems analysis, design, development, implementation, and support.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience
● Master’s degree preferred
● 6+ years of experience working as part of a professional application development team
● Experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
● Experience building scalable and highly available server applications with Node.js or similar.
● Experience building user interfaces using front-end frameworks (preference for React).
● Experience developing and integrating with GraphQL and RESTful web APIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintain development, staging, and production environments.
● Oversee and manage system architecture and security requirements.
● Collaborate with external contractors and interdepartmental team members to understand business requirements and contribute creative ideas and enhancements.
● Participate in project design and planning, providing time and effort estimates
● Monitor project plan performance, ensuring milestones are set properly and met on time
● Mentor and lead other developers and interns to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
After the probationary period, this role may be eligible for a hybrid (partly remote/partly in office) work schedule, subject to business need and manager approval. May be required to use personal computer and other standard office equipment. Must be located within theDFWArea and have the ability to be on campus with 24 hours of notice. A UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement will be required within 14 days after approval.
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at [email protected] or the Title IX Coordinator at [email protected], or call 972-883-5331.