Oklahoma City, OK
Job posting number: #7098264 (Ref:3014728)
Posted: April 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Relocation assistance available for those located 50 miles outside of Oklahoma City metro and out of state. Learn more about our benefits here.
Facility Services is hiring a full-time Electrician. This position is responsible for all electrical work performed at the Foundation. Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits using testing devices. Designs, plans, and schedules all electrical work. Oversees all electrical work, inspects and tests electrical equipment and circuits. Diagnoses malfunctioning systems apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools. Keeps abreast of new electrical codes. Pulls and terminates communication cabling. Operates and maintains alarm system, emergency generators, and transfer switches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all electrical work performed at the Foundation to include but not limited to assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, circuits, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
• Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Designs, plans, and schedules all electrical work and the installation of electrical circuits and wiring for new equipment and renovation projects based on job specifications and local codes.
• Oversees all electrical work to ensure compliance with codes and mandated workmanship standards.
• Ensures all co-workers follow safety rules and regulations.
• Inspects and tests electrical equipment and circuits to include but not limited to distribution panels, transformers, controls and generators to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem.
• Keeps abreast of new local, state, and national electrical codes and applies new knowledge to the job.
• Maintains current electrician’s license to meet government regulations.
• Maintains appropriate inventory levels of materials and supplies and initiates purchase orders for parts and other materials.
• Pulls and terminates communication cables.
• Operates, maintains, and tests emergency generators, transfer switches, and the alarm system.
• Completes work orders and preventive maintenance sheets of job assignments detailing time, materials, and comments. Submits reports to management daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Maintains a safe work environment by following safety rules and federal regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Graduate of a trade school or technical school and 5 years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience. Current Oklahoma Electrician’s license required. Advanced knowledge of voltage or current meters, the danger of electricity and how to prevent accidents. Advanced knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in electrical installation or repair. Basic knowledge of computers.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1416/electrician/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.jeid-5af76b441125354396db5bfb7aca1fb2