Clinical Speech Pathologist
Job posting number: #7098049 (Ref:27145524608)
Posted: April 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Selects assistive speech devices to improve patient's communication.
- Performs re-evaluation to determine progress after therapy.
- Provides observations about hearing and other behavior to help determine need for other services.
- Maintains records of all services.
- Communicates results and recommendations for improving communicative function to referral sources and outside agencies such schools and employers.
- Maintains speech pathology equipment and materials.
- Assists with planning, budget, service or project development, fee setting, purchase of new equipment or materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- Must hold or be eligible for a Speech-Language Pathology License (SP) from the State Board of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology. Must hold (SP) license in current state upon start date.
- Holds Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Completed nine month Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to perform tests.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.