Senior Manager, Clinical Marketing
Job posting number: #7095441 (Ref:10015960)
Posted: May 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The Senior Manager of Marketing will be responsible for effectively managing and activating Physician and Clinical Marketing campaigns across various physician referral, CME, Conference and Open Enrollment programming in support of specific service line marketing Goals. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for managing strategic marketing projects that will result in strategic growth of patient visits and admissions across the clinical enterprise. Examples of these responsibilities include: supporting Community Practice Sites, CRM programs, Open Enrollment campaigns and strategy. The Senior Manager will demonstrate the following skillsets: the ability to apply sound strategic marketing practice; campaign development; direct mail; business-to-business acumen to support our plan/payor strategy; and strong presentation skills. These efforts will be supported through strong written and verbal skills that will be used to articulate Physician and Clinical Marketing programs and manage strategic marketing plans and campaigns.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The Senior Manager will be responsible for creating and activating business and marketing plans including Community Practice Site campaigns in collaboration with our partners in Consumer Marketing, Digital, Communications, Managed Care, Business Development and across the clinical enterprise. The incumbent will work with Market Intelligence and Digital Marketing to develop precision marketing campaigns to drive growth across our service lines.
- Through consistent and strategic business planning, this individual will develop campaigns and engagement programs to ensure City of Hope is visible to employers, plans and payors.
- This individual has strong business-to-business acumen with an understanding and mastery of developing productive relationships with decision makers. This includes proactively seeking opportunities to expand City of Hope’s reach and visibility amongst key audiences.
- The Senior Manager will be abreast of important changes within the healthcare environment to best serve institutional objectives and execute high-value plans and strategies to grow visits throughout the clinical enterprise.
- Ensure a consistent understanding and working knowledge of City of Hope plans, payors, physicians and community practices. This information will be a critical success factor when developing marketing plans, attending programs, events and engaging in high-value conversations with business leaders.
- Maintain consistent brand image and voice in all materials. Ensure that all marketing materials produced follow the Clinical Marketing workflow process as defined by leadership.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Healthcare, English or a related field
- 7 years of marketing experience with 3 years in a leadership role required
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of business planning, campaign development/management, marketing, media relations, business development and/or event management.
- Business-to-Business, Hospital/Healthcare or Project Management experience within a highly engaged marketing environment preferred.
- Full-time, exempt
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-SB
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.