Senior Transformation Specialist
Job posting number: #7095356 (Ref:10015769)
Posted: May 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
City of Hope is one of the world’s leading comprehensive cancer treatment and research facilities. Our mission is focused on transforming the future of health, turning science into practical benefits, and hope into a reality. Our vision puts City of Hope at the center of eliminating cancer and diabetes, and through integrated networks of scientific innovation and deeply personalized care, we strive to bring tomorrow’s discoveries to the people who need them today.
City of Hope has established the Office of Transformation, which is designed to lift the organization to realize its vision by partnering with leaders across the enterprise to drive and support our most important strategic priorities and key initiatives, as well as deliver an organizational culture of speed, focus, connectedness and enterprise. This team supports activities such as organizational strategy, operating model design, journey and change support, project management, process improvement, strategic planning, and strategic initiative performance management.
Reporting to the Director or Senior Manager, the Senior Transformation Specialist will lead day to day activities of specific strategic initiative projects sponsored by City of Hope leadership or projects directed by the Office of Transformation management and leadership. The successful candidate has a proven track record of being able to support complex projects with multiple work streams and stakeholders across an enterprise.
A strong Senior Transformation Specialist should be able to:
- Manage project teams to identify and address project risks which results in on schedule delivery
- Create change management strategies and support adoption of transformation recommendations
- Guide the project team in framing the key problems the initiative is designed to solve and identify the qualitative and quantitative analysis required to drive recommendations
- Lead team meetings and drive alignment around key decisions
- Craft clear concise storylines in written documents and use them to drive change
- Identify team development opportunities and peer mentor project team junior resources
- Develop internal content to evolve the Organizational Transformation offerings to meet enterprise needs
- Become a trusted advisor for key executive initiative stakeholders and coach them on navigating change
- Understand and share connectedness of different work streams across projects and ensure deliverables are high quality and relevant
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops project plans, manages day-to-day activities of project, and ensures project is appropriately resourced
- Develops initiative storylines, delegates content development (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, Excel workbooks) when appropriate
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop recommendations (i.e. further articulates current state, communicate “pain points”
- Organizes and facilitates project related meetings
- Mentors junior resources on the team
- Participates in self-development efforts (i.e. training)
- Drives team development activities
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelors Degree
- 4+ years of consulting, process improvement, program management office, and/or other relevant experience
Preferred education experience and skills:
- MBA or Masters
- Consulting firm experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- 2 openings
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.