Tenure-Track Professorship for the field of Toxicology
Job posting number: #7089745 (Ref:12474)
Posted: November 25, 2021
Application Deadline: January 10, 2022
Job DescriptionThe successful applicant has a proven track record in actual an innovative field of toxicology (e.g. innovative cell/tissue models, PBK modelling/QIVIVE, gut-microbiome-interaction, novel target approaches, mixture toxicology).
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Doctoral degree/PhD and at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution; as a general rule, applicants must have gained research experience outside the University of Vienna for a total of at least two years during or after their doctoral studies
• Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
• Experience in designing and participating in research projects, ability to lead research groups, willingness to acquire third-party funding
• Potential for successfully acquiring an ERC Starting Grant or an ERC Consolidator Grant (depending on career level) or comparable renowned funding within the qualification period.
• Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities or a teaching concept. Candidates are expected to be willing to teach students at all levels (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promote junior colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees.
• the opportunity to obtain a permanent position and eventual promotion to full professor. The successful candidate is hired as “Assistant professor” for a maximum duration of six years. If the candidate meets the conditions stipulated in the qualification agreement, the assistant professor is promoted to tenured “associate professor”, i.e. obtains a permanent position. If the conditions are not met, the employment will end upon expiry of the contract. Associate professors can be promoted to “full professor” through a university-internal competitive procedure.
• at least a salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff: section 49, job group A2
• in addition to the statutory social insurance, the University of Vienna offers a pension scheme to its employees
• a dynamic research environment
• attractive working conditions in a city with a high quality of life
• a wide range of support services offered by central service institutions
The University of Vienna is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at). The University strives to increase the share of women in professorial positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Please submit a single PDF document named “LastName_FirstName.pdf” to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information (in English).
1. Cover Sheet and Table of Contents
2. Letter of motivation
3. Academic curriculum vitae
+ key terms that best describe your own research interests
+ education, degrees (incl. information about the PhD granting institution and the exact date DD.MM.YYYY when the PhD was conferred)
+ professional experience
+ applicable parental leave, family or other care times, …
+ scientific or scholarly “esteem factors” (e.g. experiences as a publisher, functions in research societies or programme committees)
+ previous and current cooperation partners
+ complete list of acquired third-party funded projects as principal investigator (role, subject, duration, funding agency, funding volume), and, if applicable, of inventions/patents
+ list of most important scientific talks (max. 10)
+ list of courses taught
+ list of theses supervised
4. List of publications
+ link to own ORCID iD record
+ if common in your field of research provide information about indexation in data bases such as SCIE, SSCI, AHCI, citations resp. book reviews received or other indicators of scientific quality/international visibility (best paper award, etc.)
5. Research statement
+ explain your previous research achievements (max. 2 pages) and future research plans (max. 4 pages)
+ name the three most important publications with an explanation of their relevance for this tenure track professorship
+ describe your publication strategy
6. Teaching statement
+ explain your teaching and supervision concept, including a description of the previous and planned priorities in academic teaching and supervision (max. 2 pages)
Appendices to application document (in a single PDF or ZIP file named “LastName_FirstName_Appendices.pdf/zip”):
a. Three key publications as electronic full text version (if not publicly available)
b. Teaching evaluations (if available, compiled into a single PDF file)
c. Copies of certificates of academic degrees (mandatory, compiled into a single PDF file)
Reference no.: 12474
The application deadline is 10 January 2022.