Coordinator Nursing Off Shift
Job posting number: #7089737 (Ref:18783758480)
Posted: November 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Identifies and ensures appropriate placement, facilitation and expedition of all patient flow transactions, including direct and emergency patient admissions and transfers, in accordance with established clinical standards and knowledge of disease entities.
- Addresses significant patient issues and staffing needs throughout the house and makes modifications to ensure equitable staffing arrangements throughout the hospital.
- Communicates changes with relevant leaders.
- Manages the patient experience trans-organizationally to optimize all resources to ensure a safe and efficient environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- BSN from an accredited school of professional nursing required.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an acute care setting.
- One year of management experience preferred.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting.
- Manual dexterity, corrected vision, hand and eye coordination.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.