Supervisor Lab Evening Shift
Job posting number: #7087957 (Ref:hlj_33627)
Posted: October 27, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Evening/Night Supervisor maintains the high quality of laboratory functions by coordinating and overseeing the technical activities of the clinical lab sections for evening and night shifts to ensure that quality standards are consistently maintained in the areas of hematology, chemistry, specimen processing, blood bank and limited procedures in microbiology.
- Supervision and management approximately 10 employees working the evening and night shifts. (Direct reports)
- Maintaining the adherence to the quality control program, proficiency testing, competency testing, meeting all regulatory requirements (CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, etc.), instrument maintenance and coordination of inventory management with the dayshift supervisors.
- Other duties including: review of billing, cost accounting, productivity management, coordination on the maintenance and testing of the LIS system related to the clinical lab sections, and other duties as assigned by manager or director.
- The supervisor is also be required to work as a bench technologist as workload requires.
Credentials & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology
- MT Florida licensed as a Supervisor in the specialties of chemistry, hematology and immunology, and licensed in Blood Bank and Microbiology
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in clinical lab specialties
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.