Job posting number: #7087955 (Ref:hlj_33634)
Posted: October 27, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- The Phlebotomist represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Moffitt Cancer Center through interaction with patients.
- Responsible for collection of blood and other specimens following approved procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years phlebotomy experience
- Phlebotomy certification course completion
- Responsible for collection of blood and other specimens following approved procedures
- Maintains phlebotomy supplies
- Maintains scheduled appointments
- Read, understand, and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Deliver specimens to appropriate laboratory location and/or pneumatic tube station
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a Phlebotomy Certification Course
- BLS Certification
- 1 year of experience in a medical clinical setting
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.