Facilities Management Shop Supervisor - Plumbing
Job posting number: #7087932 (Ref:17001893952)
Posted: October 27, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the Manager, supervises facilities employees and provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching and mentoring to assigned employees. Oversees installation, inspections, repairs, trouble shooting and daily maintenance of buildings, infrastructures and facility equipment in the respective facilities shop. Communicates and coordinates building and facilities work with Maintenance Control, various departments and contractors.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations and ensures departmental compliance.
- Contributes to the safe and continuous operation of the assigned facilities shop/trade including Preventative Maintenance, Operation and testing in accordance with Ohio law and applicable codes and policies.
- Assists with developing Preventative Maintenance needed for maintaining building systems and trade standards/specifications. Assists in establishing systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented employees.
- Creates a work environment where people can realize their full potential in order to meet current and future clinical and business challenges.
- Coaches and mentors team; provides ongoing performance feedback to assigned employees.
- Supports the manager in management of staffing and capacity planning for the shop/trade.
- Focuses and guides assigned employees in accomplishing work objectives.
- Provides training and operating procedures for respective shop and ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Performs quality assurance reviews of work completed by assigned employees.
- Assists with monitoring of and compliance with department budget and review of inventory.
- Functions as trades person within expertise to complete work requests as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of apprenticeship trade or vocational school or knowledge obtained through four years of on-the-job training experience in the appropriate area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering or related field preferred.
- Valid state driver's license (VDL) required and must be insurable under Cleveland Clinic driver's policy.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Four years as a fully qualified tradesperson or technician in respective area of responsibility (e.g., electrical, plumbing).
- One year of previous supervisory experience or demonstration of formal education in business management or related field preferred.
- Ability to work with employees, interdepartmental teams, and organizational leadership across the enterprise to effectively complete goals.
- Exhibits the organization's mission and values and strives to achieve and sustain Cleveland Clinic Experience.
- Working knowledge of regulatory codes as applied in health institutions. Experience with MS Office, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and programs associated for tracking with a CMMS system preferred.
- Typical physical demands require full body motion including ability to perform work while bending, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders; requires dexterity and strength sufficient to operate required tools and machinery; typically required to lift and carry machinery and/or equipment weighing 25 to 100 lbs. and/or assist with lifting weights exceeding 100 lbs.
- Requires color acuity sufficient to distinguish color coded wiring and piping.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.