STAFF REGISTERED NURSE - ICU
Job posting number: #7087930 (Ref:17004358336)
Posted: October 27, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
STATUS:RF Status (72 hours per pay)
SHIFT ROTATION: Rotating 1900-0700/0700-1900
“Group B” Every other Weekend
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Registered Nurse assigned to the Medical/Surgical Unit will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality care, based upon nursing process and assessed physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs as appropriate to the age of the patient. The Medical/Surgical Nurse cares for adult, geriatric and adolescent patients.
The Registered Nurse works under the supervision of the Manager of Medical/Surgical Services. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and supervises individual care on the nursing unit according to organizational policies and procedures. Provides clinical leadership for patient care. Within the level of the individual's qualifications, may be assigned to work on other nursing units based upon patient activity and staff distribution. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Nursing Degree (A.D., Diploma, BSN, etc.) from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio.
- General Medical-Surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Excellent clinical skills in delivery of care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- Excellent organizational, communication and detail skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to lift moderate weights.
Core Competencies for the Position
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and standards of care.
- Performs a physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessment and re-assessment on all assigned patients as needed.
- Evaluates for age appropriate behavior, motor skills and psychosocial norms.
- Recognizes signs and symptoms of abuse, documents finding in the medical record and reports signs and symptoms of abuse according to established policy.
- Evaluates nutritional and functional status and collaborates with other disciplines to meet patient needs.
- Identifies and considers physical, spiritual, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, age-specific, educational needs, cultural beliefs incorporating into plan of care and discharge plan.
- Assesses status of Advanced Directives and follows through according to established policy.
- Assesses pain appropriately and follows through according to established policy.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, and other health care professionals.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.