Postdoctoral Associate - Commisso Lab (Cancer Metabolism, Immunotherapy and Therapeutics)
La Jolla, CA
Job posting number: #7087778
Posted: October 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
The Commisso Lab (www.commissolab.com) is focused on understanding how cancer occurs and how to treat it. Areas of focus include metastasis, tumor microenvironment, cancer metabolism, immunotherapy and therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will be an active participant in a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere, and will plan and manage all aspects of a research project from research design to publication.
• Research design and planning.
• Experimentation and trouble-shooting.
• Data collection, analysis and interpretation.
• Data recording and compliance.
• Management of collaborations.
• Results summarization.
• Preparation of text and figures for grants and manuscripts.
• Ph.D. in a biological science.
• Experience with culturing mammalian cells in vitro is preferred.
• Experience with microscopy is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and publish research projects
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Be responsible and have strong time management skills
• Able to analyze and resolve issues of high/moderate complexity
• Possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Demonstrate professional communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Prism, ImageJ/Fiji
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.