Postdoctoral Fellow - Stephanie Hagstrom Lab
Job posting number: #7087716 (Ref:16802186928)
Posted: October 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral fellow position is available immediately in the Dept of Ophthalmology at the Cleveland Clinic to study the mechanisms underlying inherited retinal degeneration. Successful candidates will be an integral part of a multidisciplinary team that is combining molecular and cellular biology along with proteomic technologies to determine fundamental processes and activated pathways to help aid in discovering therapeutic targets aimed at slowing blinding disorders.
Principal Investigator: Stephanie Hagstrom Ph.D.
Lerner Research Institute Department: Ophthalmic Research
Lab Research Topics:
- Retinal degeneration
- Protein trafficking
- Pathogenic mechanisms
- Synaptic transmission
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Dr. Hagstrom at email@example.com
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Lead a project and conduct experiments to accomplish research goals
- Interrogate retinal phenotypes in mouse models
- Elucidate mechanisms of retinal degeneration
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Strong background in molecular biology and cell biology
- Competent in scientific presentation (verbal and written)
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Reference list
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Retina, Photoreceptor, Synapse, Protein trafficking, Pathogenic mechanisms, Ciliopathies, Degeneration, Homeostasis
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.