Radiology Assistant PRN
Job posting number: #7087145 (Ref:16229674640)
Posted: October 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Provides a wide variety of patient services and assistance.
- Greets patient/families upon arrival to the Radiology area.
- Escorts patient to the appropriate x-ray room and assists patient with gowns, assists in moving patient on and off x-ray table.
- Ensures physical comfort and safety of the patient.
- Maintains patient flow to maximize productivity of unit.
- Assures x-ray rooms are clean and equipped with appropriate supplies and equipment for each patient.
- Reviews x-ray requisition and computer exam forms to determine type of x-ray required.
- Utilizes orders systems to place transport orders from radiology to floor and unit.
- Notifies transport of patient that radiology will bring to the department or return to the floor and unit.
- Reports to Supervisor immediately on: backlog of patients or problems encountered with equipment, patients and personnel.
- Performs clerical functions.
- Processes orders in radiology information system that include scheduling and tracking exams and films.
- Processes downtime orders and transport orders in the electronic orders system.
- Assists staff with patient related duties, moving and assisting patient to all areas as needed. Assists patient with activity of daily living.
- Performs routine duties related to patient care such as assisting with bedpans or in the washroom. Assures patients safety and comfort.
- Observes patients for medical status and potential need of nursing care, physician care, oxygen, etc. and quickly obtains proper assistance.
- Performs courier functions as assigned.
- Takes films to appropriate area for film library processing and delivers films to requesting areas.
- Transports specimens to lab for processing.
- Delivers charts as needed.
- Established and maintains friendly and cooperative relations with those contacted in the course of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- Requires completion of Radiologic Technology program from approved school. Awaiting certification process approval.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent customer service skills to interact with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions.
- Requires good verbal communication skills to interact with patients.
- Minimum one year related experience in physician office, hospital or clinic setting involving patient care or established excellence in direct customer service.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; must lift and carry items weighting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assist with positioning and transporting patients, i.e., pushing beds, stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Requires the ability to maneuver equipment and motor coordination to operate equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.