Postdoctoral Fellow - Molecular and Cellular Oncology
Job posting number: #7085707
Posted: September 20, 2021
Job DescriptionDrs. Liuqing Yang and Chunru Lin, from the Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center, are interested in the functional role of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in cancer and genetic disease. We have demonstrated the molecular mechanisms of long non-coding RNAs in a variety of signaling pathways, including those that regulate breast cancer metastasis and metabolic reprogramming (Cell 2014, NCB 2016, NCB 2017, Cell Research 2019, Nature Immunol. 2019, NCB 2020, Science 2021). The laboratory is also investigating the functional importance of long noncoding RNAs in metabolic disorders. We have been developed CRISPR/Cas9-mediated lncRNA editing/knockout/knockin mouse models, and transgenic mouse models. Our newest projects will study lncRNAs’ functional roles in the development of breast/pancreatic cancer, and metabolic disorders using the above mentioned mouse models. Postdoc candidates should possess mastery of basic techniques in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, and mouse genetics. Applicants should also be independent thinkers who are always willing to learn. The postdoc candidates should expect to join the lab in around three months. The salary will be based on the NIH postdoc salary scale.
• Use cutting-edge methods to seek novel therapy targets for human cancers and metabolic disorders
• Be responsible for the design and execution of experimental work, data analysis and their written records
• Attend and present at internal and international meetings
• Be expected to publish data in top scientific journals
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
• Outstanding publication record
• Strong previous experience in biochemistry
• Prior experience in RNA biology is preferred.
• Prior experience in genetic mouse models is preferred.
• Excellent communication with a focus on teamwork is required.
Please send a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three to five references, and a brief summary of past research accomplishments and future research plans to:
Chunru Lin, PhD, Associate Professor
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology
6565 MD Anderson Blvd. Room Z12.3014
Houston, TX 77030-4009
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html