Medical Assistant MD Office
Job posting number: #7085625 (Ref:138758)
Posted: September 18, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the physician, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care, and performs general receptionist duties under the supervision of the Office Manager when needed.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Assures completion of patient histories. Obtains vital signs.
- Administers injections, assists with splints and applies dressings as directed.
- Performs sterilization of instruments/equipment, if indicated, according to established policies.
- Performs CLIA Waived tests as instructed and maintains quality controls on all CLIA tests performed in the office.
- Performs phlebotomy duties as directed.
- Orders and maintains supplies as needed.
- Performs some or all of the following general receptionist duties when needed:
- Verifies and updates patient information in the practice management system.
- Collects co-pays and open balances, post charges and accurately enters these in the practice management system. Balance charges and payments and prepares deposit.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages accurately and provides information as needed.
- Assembles, updates, and ensures completion of the patient medical record.
- Completes referrals and pre certifications as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records made by patients, insurance companies and others in an appropriate manner.
- Sorts mail, medical records and other correspondence as needed.
- Completes mandatory training and education in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, mandatory education, dress code and display of ID badge.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Certification from the America Association of Medical Assistants preferred. Certification required within 90 days from date of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective skills with multi-line telephone systems and computers.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle money in a safe manner.
- Prefer one year experience in a medical office setting.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.