Stationary Engineer / Building Engineer
Job posting number: #7085624 (Ref:138818)
Posted: September 18, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Operates a high-pressure, steam powerhouse.
- Monitors and maintains HVAC related source and distribution equipment such as steam, chilled water, water chemistry, humidification and air handling, etc.
- Monitors and responds to fire protection systems.
- Responds to all emergency calls.
- May test and monitor emergency generator and transfer equipment.
- Work may be assigned across multiple Cleveland Clinic locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Third Class Stationary Engineers License from State of Ohio required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of five years of experience in one or more of the following areas: steam distribution systems, condensate systems, large chiller systems, water distribution systems, cooling towers and air handling systems.
- Military experience such as Machinists Mate (MM), Electric Power Production (3E0X2) or similar will be considered.
- Must possess working knowledge of blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of fire protection equipment, building automation equipment, emergency generators, and controls is preferred.
- Typical physical demands require full body motion including ability to perform work while bending, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders; requires dexterity and strength sufficient to operate required tools and machinery; typically required to lift and carry machinery and/or equipment weighing 25 to 100 lbs. and/or assist with lifting weights exceeding 100 lbs.
- Requires color acuity sufficient to distinguish color-coded signage and systems.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: steam, boiler, third class, engineer, pipefitter, millwright, Maintenance
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.