Material Handler II
Job posting number: #7085248 (Ref:138289)
Posted: September 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Maintains inventory of parts, orders materials from vendors, issues parts and tools to maintenance personnel. Maintains proper records of material used and forwards to the Finance department for cost allocation.
- Monitors the flow of traffic into dock areas and prioritizes deliveries.
- Verifies shipment accuracy.
- Checks for damaged goods.
- Documents variances and damaged goods received.
- Inspects and counts freight.
- Resolves incomplete deliveries and other problems with purchasing and accounting.
- Uses computer to process receiving documentation.
- Prepares goods and supplies for distribution, prioritizes deliveries, sorts and labels.
- Properly packs and determines method of shipment.
- Uses installed systems: to receive storeroom stock items, inspect items for damage and verify accuracy of shipment.
- Documents discrepancies on purchase order and submits to supervisor.
- Stocks picking locations. Rotates stock to minimize loss of materials. Pick storeroom orders.
- Resolves discrepancies or requisitions or filled orders.
- Handles rush storeroom orders.
- Maintains the proper and appropriate professional and ethical relationship with vendor representatives, conducts business according to established principles and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must meet all Cleveland Clinic insurance requirements.
- May require appropriate Valid Driver's License (VDL) to drive box truck.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- One to two years materials management experience required
- Inventory knowledge and basic computer skills required.
- Ability to drive up to 20 foot box truck for certain locations may be required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing and walking to various locations to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision and be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person.
- Must have own transportation due to travel to multiple sites.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.