Assistant Professor - Diabetes & Metabolism Research Institute
Job posting number: #7084632 (Ref:10007635-6)
Posted: September 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosition Summary
The newly formed Department of Diabetes & Cancer Metabolism at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope National Medical Center has immediate openings for faculty members at any rank.
Our department is housed in the Diabetes and Metabolism Research Institute and is closely associated with the Comprehensive Cancer Center. We are nationally unique in that we aim to assemble creative metabolism scientists prepared to dissect at a molecular level the vital forces that promote health resiliency and the genetic and environmental factors that disturb health in the contexts of diabesity, malignancy and infection.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree and have conducted post-doctoral research in the biological, chemical and/or medical sciences with a record of accomplishments including peer-reviewed publications.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to original, high impact research that will be synergistic with others in the Department of Diabetes & Cancer Metabolism and the City of Hope National Medical Center.
- Applicants will have a nationally visible reputation for excellence, show excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an interest and proficiency in trans-disciplinary collaboration and mentorship.
- Applicants for positions above the rank of Assistant Professor must have a track record of securing extramural funding.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of metabolic diseases and cancer.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 8, 2020
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.