Sr Systems Analyst- Epic Beaker (Remote)
Job posting number: #7084554 (Ref:10010805)
Posted: September 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Epic Beaker CP and/or Epic Beaker AP certified specialist experienced in working with Clinical Lab/Pathology operations teams and end users within organization and other outside parties as necessary to trouble shoot build issues, operational issues and other technical issues. This person is responsible to configure, test and deploy the Epic software according to decisions made by operational and technical SMEs. Participate in initiatives by gathering and analyzing information, preparing structured documentation, and presentations of findings and general troubleshooting as necessary. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan. Report status of task completion to assigned Team Lead. Provide timely alerts about endangered milestones and deliverable. Looking for people with Strong experience in Epic Beaker CP and/or AP build and configuration. Also, expertise in some of the following areas such as Epic Beaker/Lab charges, Masterfile exports/imports, Chronicle searches, Reports and Dashboards. Expertise in instrumentations and Data Innovation build and mapping and ability to troubleshoot issues related. Knowledge on working on HL7 messages and reference lab interfaces is a plus.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit anywhere within the 48 States. Must be able to work Pacific Hours
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics on time with minimal supervision.
- Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Ability to create SQL to run reports in system
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees. Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic.
- Works effectively in a high-paced environment.
- Applies knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs.
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Identifies problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively facilitate interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Works independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Attends to detail required.
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and assertiveness.
- Demonstrates ability to stay organized.
- Demonstrates creativity, integrity, and initiative.
- Communicates effectively with others using a variety of modes and in a complex and varied work environment.
- Promotes the effectiveness of the team as both team leader and team member.
- Helps the organization fulfill its mission and achieve its strategic objective by using critical thinking and problem solving.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- Required Certification/Licensure:
- 5+ years healthcare experience in an Epic Systems Analyst role
- Certification in Epic Beaker CP and/or Epic AP or equivalent for consideration
- For internal COH candidates, Epic certification shall be obtained within 9 months of transferring into the Epic project.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Bachelor Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Other Epic related module certifications are plus to have
- 5+ years of healthcare Information Technology experience
- Healthcare experience in other acute care settings preferred as well. Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of EMR or Laboratory information systems preferred.
- We currently have 3 openings for this role.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Aug 31, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.