REMOTE Associate Software Developer
Job posting number: #7084553 (Ref:10013195)
Posted: September 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionFor Pipelines Only: Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. Preferably someone in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zone.
The Research Software Developer develops and supports state-of-the-art applications for clinical and translational research.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops new or existing informatics software solutions as assigned by supervisor
- Participates in software solution design
- Participate in project and sprint planning and daily scrum meetings as instructed by supervisor and project manager
- Closely collaborate with other team members including business sponsor, project manager, business analysts, test engineers, database developers etc.
- Attends meetings as required, and participate on committees as directed.
- Assists other department staff members as necessary.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Bachelor's degree with substantial experience will be considered.
- Two years of experience in HTML, SQL and any structured computer language such as C or Visual Basic with a Bachelor degree.
- No previous work experience required with a Master degree.
- Experience with relational databases and object-relational mapping required.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration desired, but not a must
- Experience with Scientific or Clinical Research software development is very highly desirable
- Experience with Oracle Siebel Platform desirable
- Experience in building large scale software platforms preferred
- Solid understanding of object oriented concepts
- Web Services, basic knowledge of SOA. WCF/OData a plus.
- Good backend architecture/design skills
- Familiarity with ASP.NET stack - webforms, MVC
- Familiarity with IIS/Windows Server administration preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with both local and remote team members
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Display tact/consideration in dealing with City of Hope employees
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Document activities and programs
- Instruct/train others
- Troubleshoot problems
• To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 1, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.