Senior Contract Administrator-AH
Job posting number: #7083774 (Ref:10012728)
Posted: August 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSenior Contract Administrator-Remote work
At AccessHope, we're Fighting cancer with everything we know™ by putting the ever-growing body of cancer knowledge to work for the greater good. Through a revolutionary employer health benefits offering, we remotely connect employees with cancer support services from National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Instead of requiring those who have been diagnosed with cancer to come to the centers for renowned cancer expertise, AccessHope brings their support to the patient and their local oncologist-wherever they're located-to improve care, outcomes, and value.
Join as and put your skills to work as you coordinate and oversee the contract management of customer and vendor contracts. You will be responsible for managing, reviewing, and negotiating contracts with entities offering services to AccessHope or purchasing services from AccessHope, which include but are not limited to non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), business associate agreements (BAAs), data security/access/privacy agreements, master service agreements (MSAs), and statements of work (SOWs). You will also be charged with developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with customers and vendors while working toward the successful and timely execution of applicable contract-related documents.
This role specifically works in conjunction with General Counsel, AccessHope Chief Commercial Officer and AccessHope CEO to develop and negotiate contractual language on behalf of AccessHope. In this collaborative role, you will work in conjunction with AccessHope finance to set up Purchase Orders between AccessHope and its vendors, and to coordinate activities with finance to operationalize contracts. You will be the face of the contract process. You will liaise with departments to ensure all contract notifications, proofs of insurance, and other documentation necessary throughout the life of the contract are operationalized, as well as manage the process to modify, renew or terminate.
Your knowledge will be put to use as you provide not only day-to-day administrative management support resolving contract issues, but also, general development and ongoing refinement of administrative infrastructure for the management of financial and contractual activity associated with AccessHope contracts. This includes interfacing with the centralized Contracts Management system and/or establishing a separate AccessHope contracts management system.
The position integrates diverse elements of contract management and requires creativity, teamwork, and collegiality to develop and maintain sound internal and external relationships, and fiscal and related administrative systems.
- Utilize subject matter expertise and guidance from the Office of General Counsel to negotiate contracts with counterparties. Coordinate with all relevant groups to develop fully executed contracts and enhance project timelines.
- Analyze new contract documents received from counterparties on their templates and determine if language conforms to organizational needs and requirements; edit such documents to so conform.
- Interface with contract management systems and financial stakeholders at AccessHope, analyze contract terms and trends, prepare and handle contract notices and documentation, prepare contract binders for Client Excellence.
- Interact with AccessHope business team and Office of General Counsel in solving contract issues.
- Carry out periodic review of contract files to ensure administrative quality, compliance and consistency.
- Assist with ongoing review of internal processes to streamline roles and responsibilities; execute process changes or identify resources to accomplish projects and oversee to completion.
- Prepare reports and advise on feasibility and cost impact.
- Provide routine status updates to AccessHope leaders and stakeholders regarding contract negotiations.
- Conduct special projects and perform additional duties as assigned by the Director, Finance and Accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience working in contract negotiation, contract management in employee benefit, health insurance and/or health care industries.
- Experience in health care, health insurance, employee benefits industries required
- Must have working knowledge of contract development / negotiation.
- Analytical skills to review contracts, collaborative agreements and subcontracts against established criteria and organizational guidelines
- Read, identify, and extract pertinent information from documents
- Manage multiple competing demands
- Proactively negotiate priorities
Additional skills preferred
- Paralegal certification, JD, or MBA
- Knowledge of consumer privacy and /patient privacy regulations
- Knowledge of common contractual negotiating points such as indemnification, intellectual property, confidentiality, billing, publicity, publication, etc.
- Contracting; front line contract negotiations with sophisticated counterparties.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
AccessHope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Aug 24, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.