Digital Marketing Specialist- AH (Remote)
Job posting number: #7083704 (Ref:10012775)
Posted: August 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAt AccessHope, we're Fighting cancer with everything we know™ by putting the ever-growing body of cancer knowledge to work for the greater good. Through a revolutionary employer health benefits offering, we remotely connect employees with cancer support services from National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Instead of requiring those who have been diagnosed with cancer to come to the centers for renowned cancer expertise, AccessHope brings their support to the patient and their local oncologist-wherever they're located-to improve care, outcomes, and value.
Hopeful for those we support, rebellious in our approach, and collaborative by breaking down barriers, AccessHope is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to help us uniquely deploy the latest cancer knowledge to the places it's needed most. As an ideal candidate, you'll be a key member of the Digital Marketing team and will play a critical role in the success of AccessHope's web, social media, and events efforts as well as supporting related activities for engaging our members (end users) as needed.
The Digital Marketing Specialist has demonstrated marketing, social media, advertising, or content marketing experience, all of which is used to support and implement AccessHope's strategic goals and web-related needs, including our presence on social media, in online marketing and advertising, in landing page production and design, and at virtual and onsite events.
The Digital Marketing Specialist effectively coordinates and communicates with marketing team members, sales team members, vendors, and event partners to ensure assigned digital projects are effectively maintained and updated in a timely fashion. Digital Marketing Specialisr executes projects with direction from the marketing management team to bring about successful digital projects.
- Executes social media content and engagement strategy, including copywriting, graphic design (Canva), and proofreading. Schedules and maintains social media calendar for corporate and executive accounts and works in tandem with marketing coordinator to align with marketing events, industry news, and other curated content and announcements. Engages in social listening and monitors brand, partner, and industry channels. Recommends improvements to engagement, reports on results, and completes tasks for paid social media campaigns.
- Applies digital expertise to support event needs, sponsorships, and objectives via published online content and traditional marketing initiatives. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested; and may include occasional travel as needed to support onsite events.
- Applies digital expertise to support client needs, projects, and objectives and manages other ad hoc digital-related projects as requested by marketing colleagues or assigned by supervisor, including supporting email campaigns, digital ads, and tracking campaign success.
- Utilize web analytics, marketing automation, and social media tools, including HubSpot and Google Analytics (or similar/additional tools), to complete monthly reporting on website traffic, social media, paid aids, events, and other projects, to help make marketing decisions around web content, user experience, and creative.
- Communicates regularly with supervisors and associates (team leaders/members) as needed to ensure all project aspects are clearly, mutually understood and agreed upon; provides status updates, so that deliverables will be on-time and potential issues are identified and addressed.
- Follows AccessHope brand and style guidelines on the web and on social media; ensures projects adhere to specifications and standards.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Follows established AccessHope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Enhances professional growth and development by reviewing current literature, attending educational programs, workshops, and in-services.
- Collaborates with teammates and utilizes the AccessHope on-line library.
- Educate internal stakeholders and keep them informed on the most recent policy and process changes.
- Embody the team vision.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field; years of experience my substitute for minimum education.
- 2 - 5 years of digital, social media, or content marketing experience.
Additional skills preferred
- Master's degree in related field.
- Marketing, Communications, Social Media, or Content Marketing. Demonstrated marketing campaign tracking and reporting experience. Experience with content management and analytics software (HubSpot, Google Analytics). Writing experience, a plus. HubSpot and/or Google Analytics certifications.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
AccessHope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Aug 20, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.