Job posting number: #7079733 (Ref:hlj_31320)
Posted: June 11, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Painter I performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include painting and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs for plumbing and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by management team. Ensures that preventive maintenance (PM) tasks are properly completed in a timely manner, documented and materials and time spent are also documented appropriately
- Use of rollers, brushes and sprayers to achieve desired look.
- Working with others to complete site preparation and clean-up.
- Identifies, understands basic blueprint terms, components and symbols; relates prints to actual locations; recognizes classifications of drawings; interprets, uses plan dimensions. Uses floor plans to locate walls and parts of buildings.
- Responsible for the knowledge and is able to identify and recognize some of the basic hand tools used in the construction trade; use of hand tools safely; and description of the basic procedures for taking care of hand tools safely.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Three (3) Years Commercial Painting and Building Service Systems experience is required.
* Please note, an additional one (1) year painting experience may be considered on top of the 3 years experience required for a total of four (4) years may be considered in lieu of HS/GED.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities.
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy.
- Driver’s License required, must obtain Florida Driver's License within 6 months of employment.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.