Associate Research Professor - Hematology Institute, Immunology Center
Job posting number: #7079629 (Ref:10011433)
Posted: June 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is recruiting an experienced statistician for a non-tenure track faculty appointment as Associate Research Professor to support clinical trials and pre-clinical research in the Hematology Institute, Immunotherapy Center. This will be a joint appointment in Hematology and Biostatistics in the Research Professor series, at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the science through collaborative and independent research including co-authoring papers and protocols
- Serving as statistician on preclinical/clinical studies, trial protocols
- Developing, evaluating and making publicly available computer code following principles of reproducible research
- Development of novel statistical methodologies
- Delivering talks on the results of the research
- Maintaining current knowledge of and contributing to advancements in the field through participation in professional organizations, scientific conferences, reading industry journals, and publication of manuscripts
- Attends meetings as required
- Performing other tasks as required
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Doctorate in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field
- 3-5 years experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis
- Experience in designing and analyzing clinical trials, including co-authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to support broad pre-clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self-directed and collaborative research
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology
- Experience analyzing biomarker data
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
- Ability to manage multiple collaborations.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and research team members.
- Ability to build, foster, and maintain positive and productive professional relationships.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Jun 3, 2021
- Job Field: Clinical Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.