STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Job posting number: #7077014 (Ref:hlj_30105)
Posted: April 13, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- The Sterile Processing Technician functions within sterile processing to process instruments, equipment and supplies for utilization in the operating room, in-house departments and clinics; this includes appropriate record keeping and distribution.
- Observes all rules and regulations governing processing standards of practice regarding all methods of sterilization and processing. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks and resolve many issues at one time.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2 years’ experience as a Sterile Processing tech
- CRCST certification
- Experience with an automated inventory control system
- Experience with automated database for instrumentation
- Familiarity with and knowledge of medical supplies
- Familiarity with O.R. routines, infection control principles and regulatory practices
- Case cart preparation: Gather all necessary instruments, supplies and equipment for specific procedures. and place in a cart to be delivered to OR/procedure areas
- Assembly: Assemble and replace instruments/equipment to their designated trays/containers
- Decontamination room: clean instruments/equipment that are returned from OR/procedure areas
- Scope room: Clean and prepare for use, endoscopes to be used in OR/procedure areas
- Use of Sterilizer and various machinery to clean and sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- CRCST Certification is required
- In Lieu of certification a minimum of 3 year of relevant experience is required. Certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire date.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.