TECHNICAL INTEGRATION ENGINEER II
Job posting number: #7076876
Posted: April 12, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:
DoIT's Enterprise Integration group provides software engineering and integration services, infrastructure, and consultation to UW-Madison. The work we do is varied and challenging in support of UW-Madison's mission. We value curiosity and eagerness to learn, problem solving, DevOps and an agile product mindset, and a commitment to effective, productive teams. We believe in solving whole problems for our partners and expressing solutions through technology.
Enterprise Integration's portfolio includes integration infrastructure and services, APIs, and products that enable enrolling in courses, degree auditing, and other academic and curricular capabilities. Our team of developers and integrators build and operate integration solutions like APIs through a mix of practicing DevOps, using cloud and on premises technologies, and brokering vended solutions. The UW-Madison integration platform we operate also enables self-service integration capabilities to the campus community, enabling our team to focus on enterprise-wide business problems.
Enterprise Integration staffs software engineers/developers and technical integration engineers. In our work, the roles are closely related and there is significant overlap in responsibilities. Our software engineers focus more on development of integration technologies (e.g. APIs) while our technical integration engineers focus more on vended and existing products. Both roles work in concert to orchestrate integration technologies that provide a complete set of services for the UW-Madison community.
This recruitment is for a Technical Integration Engineer II within our Integration Platform team.
List of Duties
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
No Degree Required
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 2 years experience with data and application integration through APIs, extract/transform/load patterns (ETL), and/or database connections
* Experience delivering IT services through major cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
* Demonstrated desire to learn new things
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Flexibility in vended platforms and products, languages, and other tools
* Experience with agile methodologies
* Experience with version control systems (e.g. git)
* Experience with data or product modeling
* Experience using DevOps principles like continuous integration/delivery, version control, automation, etc.
* Experience with Unix system administration, database administration, and/or functional programming languages