Manager Information Technology
Job posting number: #7076794
Posted: April 7, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
The Manager of Vended Application Services Team under the Office of Information Technology is a member of the OIT Extended Leadership Team. S/He will be responsible for ensuring OIT provides valued and effective services to our UT Dallas community. This forward-looking position will play a pivotal part in the Office of Information Technology Strategic Initiatives.
The Manger leads a team of Engineers and analysts responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and support of vended applications and solutions used at the University. The Manager is also responsible for customer relationship management, vendor relationship management, user group/community engagement, building and maintaining strong partnerships across the institution. In addition, the manager ensures alignment of the team’s work with OIT change management, IT governance, information security standards and procedures. Provide hands-on assistance in the implementation of systems and troubleshooting; ensure user needs are met by acting as a user liaison; implement and utilize reporting systems, policies, and procedures. Excellent project management, written and oral communications skills desired. Ability to work collaboratively.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business information systems or related field. Five to seven years or more of progressively responsible experience in the area of specialization; OR the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Two years supervisory experience overseeing information resources professionals.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Systems or related field
• 5 years or more of progressively responsible experience in Application Administration, Systems Administration, and Management
• Experience using Jira, Confluence, AWS/Azure DevOps or similar tool for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Experience working with Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc)
• Experience with Application installation, maintenance, support, Integration
• Experience with Virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a code/Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service, Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff, can clearly articulate services to peers
• Experience managing workloads in private and public cloud.
• Proven team lead experience. Application support, integration, and management.
• Advanced understanding of Cloud Concepts
• Thorough understanding of agile and lean methodologies, values, and procedures.
• Experience with security analysis, scripting and system automation
• Experience with Disaster Recovery and High Available Architecture
• Experience with monitoring and reporting systems
• Understanding of Cloud service deployments
• Industry certifications such as Security+, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, CISSP
• Understanding of Systems vulnerabilities and patching
• Advanced troubleshooting methodology and awareness of industry standards
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the Vended Application Services team to the University Mission and OIT Strategic Initiatives.
• Take direction from, and provide clear and timely updates to Senior Leadership.
• Workstream lead for Cloud Center of Excellence – Inventory, discovery, and portfolio analysis workstream. Assist with Management of Current state documentation of all OIT assets (Servers/workloads, Applications, dependency matrix, etc)
• Oversee the installation, configuration, deployment and updates of vendor applications and enhancements to existing applications managed by the team (JIRA, Confluence, AIM, Sunapsis, Pharos, Cometprint, Cintas, Titanium, License Manager–Ansys-Mathematica-Matlab, Odyssey PCS, RightFax, StarRez, Keywatcher, Inteum, Image-Onsite, EMS, Desigo, etc.)
• Oversee the integrations of Applications (Adobe Creative Cloud, Flexera-Cloudscape, GitHub, Cisco-WebEx, Swank Streaming, etc.)
• Provide technical leadership as well as perform hands-on technical tasks.
• Establishes Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
• Ensure new software integrations meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer IT operations, data stewardship responsibilities, and processes for all departments supported by VAS team
• Participate in projects related to the assessment, implementation, integration, and upgrade/maintenance of third-party solutions.
• Maintain knowledge of software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements. Stay abreast of technology developments, as well as trends in higher education
• Lead and manage the daily operations of a team of highly competent professionals with varying responsibilities.
• Serve as a mentor and promote team and individual professional development through knowledge sharing and training.
• Perform other management duties, such as staff performance management and hiring.
• Develop and deliver customer training and support documentation.
• Coordinate and actively participate in user group meetings, and customer outreach activities.
• Ensure that the work of Vended Application Services team aligns with initiatives from the University’s IT governance process, service management framework, and information security guidelines.
• Understand and align with the guiding principles and organization of OIT, as well as maintain a broad understanding of the University’s mission and organization.
• Work with the team to establish project approach and set standards for deliverables while setting and managing client expectations and priorities.
• Generate implementation plans including resource requirements, assignment breakdown, task lists, testing, documentation, and training.
• Exhibits strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the capability to acquire, retain and leverage advanced technical competencies.
• Comprehensive understanding and implementation of enterprise solutions, architecture, and lifecycles.
• Mentor Vended Application Engineers on team documentation. Lead operational long-term environment support.