Systems Engineer II
Job posting number: #7076793
Posted: April 7, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
The Vended Application Support Team creates and maintains sustainable processes that helps customers maximize the value of their applications via standardization and simplification. A successful Systems Engineer must be passionate about technology, have an analytical mindset, be interested in working with a wide range of platforms and services, and have a solid foundation in Windows Systems, Linux Systems, and Cloud Platforms that can be built on. Familiarity with API calls and JSON formatted data exchange is required.
Responsible for provisioning, deploying, administering, monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading and patching of Information Technology resources and services in Hybrid cloud environment. Primarily responsible for supporting Sunapsis System. Document complex processes, procedures, system configurations and specifications. Exhibit strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the capability to acquire, retain and leverage advanced technical competencies. Able to independently and collaboratively coalesce design specifications, manage and develop stable, best practice, environment specific enterprise class solutions. Possesses a comprehensive understanding of enterprise solutions, architecture and lifecycles. Mentors junior engineers and student employees.
Ability to multitask at high volume and detail. Ability to produce effective, timely results equally well alone and in team environments of all sizes. Able to develop and implement proactive, automated solutions and processes. Able to quickly prioritize and efficiently complete tasks of significantly varied scope, scale and technical requirement. Acts as a role model in demonstrating integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential and university information. Understands and adapts with agility to different work styles, conflict resolution techniques, office etiquette and demonstrates the ability to interact with employees and stakeholders in a positive, productive, technically but appropriately stratified manner. Self-motivated and stays abreast of applicable new technologies and technical methodologies to advance productivity and career path.
Minimum Education and Experience
No degree – Six years recent applicable experience
Associate Degree with 4 years applicable experience
Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years applicable experience
2 years of comprehensive Windows Server, Service Architecture, Administration and Maintenance experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 3 years of experience in corresponding products and technologies.
• Current knowledge of best practice and systems deployment and maintenance.
• Strong technical documentation, diagramming and organizational skills.
• Experience with Sunapsis.
• Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure) Services.
• Linux & Windows Server Experience.
• Scripting Experience (PowerShell, Bash, YAML, Python, etc).
• Experience with the SEVIS API used by DHS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Expected areas of expertise and duties will include current proficiency in a majority subset of the following:
• A comprehensive understanding of third-party Application Services and platform configurations.
• Implement, develop, and maintain case management system for F-1 and J-1 SEVIS programs.
• Identify and research areas for technical improvements to Sunapsis integrations and suggest potential changes or enhancements. Determine whether the desired functionality is available, and if not, gather and analyze internal business requirements to develop, document, test, and implement technical solutions to improve Sunapsis production or work flow.
• Communicate with and collaborate with other university stakeholders when SEVIS changes result in technical changes in our database and business processes.
• Continuously seek Sunapsis process automation to support efficiency of student services and institutional compliance.
• Support accurate Sunapsis data extract from PeopleSoft, liaise with OIT and other partners as needed to edit data feeds.
• Maintain related applications and software tools (ie Cold Fusion, Sunapsis, Shibboleth, Window Servers) as needed/appropriate. Provide technical training as needed, including documentation to be used for on-going reference.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of data integrity between PeopleSoft, Sunapsis and SEVIS.
• Liaise with vendor and SEVIS support to solve database, batch, and datalink technical problems efficiently as they arise.
• A Comprehensive understanding on Cloud Platforms in particular AWS S3 and EC2 to support Sunapsis.
• Advanced Development and administration of scripted and native UI task and report automation across multiple vendor platforms.
• Take part in all aspects of the new applications integration lifecycle, including requirements gathering, project management implementation, and then 2nd/3rd level ongoing support.
• Test new application integration deployments, and Work collaboratively with peers and cross-functional teams.
• Accustomed to working within the ITIL framework of Incident, Problem, and Change Management.