Job posting number: #7076686 (Ref:hlj_30028)
Posted: April 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Management Assistant – Endocrine Tumor Program
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remined committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- Based in Endocrine Tumor Program Administration, the Management Assistant position provides a variety of administrative support functions for department faculty & administration leadership. This includes overall coordination of program administrative support activities to ensure the smooth & efficient operation of the program.
- Administrative duties & responsibilities
- Program & department support
- Faculty/APP support
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates a high degree of technical competence, intrapersonal skills, attention to detail, independent critical thinking, and decision making;
- Clinical administrative professional with the demonstrated ability to appropriately coordinate and handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Coordinate projects as assigned by the Program Support Supervisor, Department Chair, and Department Administrator;
- Prepare reports for meetings and academic or research abstracts;
- Preparation of Faculty promotion and tenure paperwork, updating CVs, and any other administrative requirements of the supported professionals;
- Coordinate with the GME program on conferences, case reports, and journal club to include scheduling agenda preparation & distribution, meeting arrangements, and catering;
- Creates schedules for lectures in collaboration with faculty, create & distribute clinical & on call schedules across many departments;
- Maintain knowledge of policies within the program and hospital to actively resolve problems/conflicts, while recommending solutions, initiating action, and follow-up.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ administrative experience required;
- Requires knowledge of office processes, workflows, and MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Must have excellent customer service skills and experience working with patients and the public;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Knowledge of office organizational protocols & procedures;
- Ability to interpret and apply instructions to assigned activities;
- Must be an independent team member that is engaged, proactive, and highly motivated.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and medical administrative assistant experience is preferred
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.