Research Database Coordinator Sr._Cancer Epidemiology
Job posting number: #7076641 (Ref:hlj_30024)
Posted: April 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Research Database Coordinator Sr.
- This position will be responsible for obtaining specific patient information for faculty within the Gastrointestinal Oncology Department at the Cancer Center, and will utilize a range of source systems including the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The Research Database Coordinator Sr will code this information into a database according to a prescribed protocol, maintaining and editing data for accuracy and completeness.
- The candidate for this position will be highly organized, self-directed and able to set priorities, meet deadlines, and communicate proactively with team members.
The Ideal Candidate:
- It is preferred that our candidate have a clinical background and a working knowledge and understanding of oncology.
- Background as an RN, LPN, or other health field would be beneficial.
- A background in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or Computer Science would also be helpful.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and the Cancer Center policy and procedures.
- Develops and communicates abstraction plans with the customers including the development of study specific data dictionary and data collection forms.
- Abstracts study specific data from the electronic medical records and/or paper charts in accordance with customers directions and enters the data into a data collection form.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Field of Study: IT, Health Informatics, Epidemiology/Public Health, or similar field of study.
- Two (2) years of data management experience using healthcare software and databases is required.
- Must be able to interpret components of the medical record, including pathology, radiology, history and physical, operative and discharge reports.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of confidentiality requirements and be able to maintain security of subject data.
- Good oral and written communication skills needed. Must be comfortable talking to physicians and health care professionals.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.