Job posting number: #7075105 (Ref:JAX28355)
Posted: February 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Grant Coordinators work under minimal supervision with JAX Faculty and other researchers in a collaborative manner to coordinate and administer the submission of grant applications and contract proposals to various funding agencies. Grant Coordinators ensure the adherence to sponsor regulations, application instructions, and deadlines while maintaining a customer service focused approach to research administration.
- Works directly with Faculty and other research staff to coordinate the preparation and submission of grant applications— including electronic grant submission and budget development. Interprets federal and state guidelines on applications/proposals. Serves as liaison between JAX and consortium institutions. Acts as a strategic partner during the application development process.
- Works closely with Institution staff involved in sponsored research activities to ensure effective, accurate, and efficient procedures. Works within cross-functional teams across various departments with the overarching goal of supporting research and the JAX mission.
- Conducts Grants Orientation/Training for new faculty and aids in the submission of complex progress reports and other post-award duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 1 year of experience in research administration with a working knowledge of fundamentals of research administration and/or experience using sponsor electronic research systems (NIH eRA Commons, NSF Fastlane, grants.gov, ProposalCentral).
- Proficient use of MS Office Products
- Knowledge of federal and state grant programs and the fiscal process.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage details accurately.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a high-profile environment requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical specifications, laws, and codes as they relate to contract administration; Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports and the like often under tight time constraints.
- Ability to take independent initiative and exercise good judgment in decision-making.
Please submit a cover letter of interest and a resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.