SHARED SVCS DATA ANALYST SR
Job posting number: #7074341 (Ref:hlj_28800)
Posted: January 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Is working with one of the most advanced research institutes that is leading the fight against cancer of interest to you? If so, the Moffitt Cancer Center has an exciting employment opportunity available for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Collaborative Data Services team. Our leading-edge data warehouse is constantly expanding, and represents one of the nation's most robust research data resources with respect to the care and treatment of cancer. With your data science skills, you will be helping scientists better understand and accelerate discovery related to optimal cancer care, treatment, and, ultimately, a cure. We are actively seeking team members to assist us in this endeavor.
Your duties and responsibilities in this mission will leverage your technical, scientific, research, and data management skills to help organize and deliver large, complex data sets to the Cancer Center's scientific community. In helping to obtain and manage these research/scientific data for downstream analysis, you will play a key role in facilitating the research activities of our scientists and clinicians. You will also assist in training and supporting fellow data analysts and researchers in their acquisition and management of data sets.
The Ideal Candidate:
Five years’ experience in a hospital, research or healthcare environment is required. A PhD or related doctorate degree with three years' of experience in a hospital, research or healthcare environment may be considered in lieu of Five years' experience in a hospital, research or healthcare environment.
Two years of experience with a focus on Cancer research and/or treatment is highly preferred. Three years performing complex data analysis, ad hoc reporting, data mining, pattern and trend analysis to complete research and analysis projects using large healthcare data sets. Three years’ experience using data query/reporting tools (e.g. Business Objects, Crystal Reports) or similar enterprise business intelligence applications. Three years using statistical applications like SAS, ‘R’, SPSS or similar applications for data manipulation and statistical analysis.
Two years of experience with a focus on Cancer research and/or treatment is highly preferred.
- This hands-on position will require the successful candidate to focus on specific work deliverables alongside team leadership activities. Some of the essential job functions include:
- Exploration and implementation of new technologies
- Provide complex data wrangling, analysis, ad hoc reporting, and data mining
- Successfully assess data needs from customers to enable successful research products following data delivery
- Create customized/automated reports that overlay complex datasets
- Serve as an expert resource and educate others on appropriate utilization of data and data access systems to support quality care, and operational/research excellence
- Perform data accuracy audits, data quality assurance and quality review procedures on large datasets/databases and derived data products
- Assist Information Technology in performing user acceptance testing (UAT) for data warehouse application access operations
- Review regulatory guidelines pertaining to Scientific Review Committee (SRC) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) before any release of data
A Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or other related field.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.